Friday, May 5, 2017

"The Gift of Tongs" letter #6

Amanda"s letter #6 January 18, 2016

"The Gift of Tongues"

Hello everyone!

We got our hot water back on! Hurrah! It was quite an adventure not having hot water for a week, let me tell you! I am not looking forward ot the next time it happens! At least we still had power though, my trainer said once their landlord forgot to pay the electric bill and so they had no electricity!

This week I forgot everthing that happened. It has been the fastest week of the transfer yet. We did get a lot of snow this week! I am so excited, it really makes me happy! It has also been a bit warmer, so that's nice!

Last Monday we went to go look at this new grocery store. In the meat section we found... Coow tongues! Ah, they were so huge! Sister Schouten about died, it was so funny! But it set in motion the theme of tongues for this week I suppose, because on Saturday we went and had dinner with a little family in our branch, and they showed us something they were cooking. It was (drumroll please) pig feet and pig tongues! Now all I need is the gift of the Russian tongue, and everything will be good :) (I'm kidding by the way, I know I have a bit of the gift of tongues, because I somehow sometimes manage to speak in a bit of Russian!)

Also this week we had another meeting with our invesigator, G. (She fed us the chicken organs). We may have to stop meeting with her, it doesn't seem like she is interested in our message. That really breaks my heart, I know what a blessing the Gospel is.

I started reading Jesus the Christ this week! It's actually a really god book, so if you have ever thought about reading it, you should try! Don't let the size intimidate you haha. It does use a lot of big words though..

Learning Russian really does weird things to your brain. I've noticed in my journal that my spelling is not so good anymore. For example, I spelling the word blue as bloo.

Ah, we had dinner with our neighbor, N, and her daughter, J, the other day! N is a great cook, she made us this soup that had cabbage in it. They put cabbage in everything! And sour cream, J used it like butter on her bread. The sour cream tastes different here too, it's a lot sweeter and more like actual cream. They are both so fun! N is so funny, she talked to us for a long time about Russian milk and how you can use it to make Tvorig (a type of cheese here) and keefer, smetana (sour cream) etc. I love them both so much, they are so nice!

This week also I have started going through the lessons in Preach my Gospel. One thing that has really stood out to me is how much our Heavenly Father loves us. He really wants us to succeed in this life, both spiritually and secularly.

Anyway, since I can't remember my week at all I will close this letter. I hope thet everyone is doing well! I love you all, have a great week!

Sister Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment