Amanda's letter #5 January 10, 2016
Below Zero!
Hello my dear friends!
I am sorry to say this will be another short email week! I will try to be better about managing my email time ;)
First and foremost, I just want to say that it has been below zero for most of the week! I think the warmest it has been in the past couple days is -6? (Oh, in Fahrenheit). Let me just say, BRRRRRR! But I actually really love it. It isn't so good for contacting though, lots of people just want to get inside! :) I am so grateful for warm clothes, hats, and hand warmers!
In the best sort of news, our investigator picked a baptismal date! It is set for February 13th! :) I am so excited and blessed to be here for that. It is an amazing thing to watch. She is truly amazing, she is so willing to accept the Gospel and al of the things LDS members do that seem strange at first. I am so excited for her and this step she is taking.
Something funny this week? Well, I asked my companions for their input and Sister Schouten said "Well, we all became friends this week!" It's true, we did all finally break that barrier! We talk and laugh all the time :) It's great! I love both of my companions, it really is such a blast to serve in a trio!
Also this week, we have no hot water in our apartment! Last Tuesday some pipes on the second floor burst. We should be getting hot water back tomorrow. I will be very excited to take a real shower.
This week we also got stood up by people who wanted to meet four times hahaha. No, it's not actually funny :) But we have also had some awesome experiences finding people this week while contacting, so it all evens out!
Hmm, what else? We had Russian Christmas dinner with our investigator who fed us organs the first time. And it was good! There were no chicken organs in that meal, and we had a fantastic lesson with her. We have some hopes :)
We also saw beef tongues in the grocery store the other day! That was weird. I seriously considered buying one, if I am being honest.
Anyway, I also wanted to say that these past couple weeks I have really been gaining a testimony of commandments, and how they really are blessings for us. I am so grateful for the commandments we have, they help give me guidance and safety. Heavenly Father is a pretty smart cookie ;)
I hope everyone has a great week! Love you all!
Sister Scott
No comments:
Post a Comment