Friday, May 5, 2017

Hey out there! Letter #8

February 1, 2016


What a blessing to get to have some back and forth conversation via email last night. Missing her bunches right now

Letter #8 and then some Amanda

Hey out there!

It has been a great week, but thankfully a bit less exciting than last week ;)

On Wednesday we had zone conference with Elder Kacher from the Europe East area quorom of the seventy. it was great! We talked a lot about how to be better missionaries, and I am excited to improve myself as a missionary!

The day after zone training we had splits with Sister Green and Sister Day! It was marvelous to see one of my MTC companions again! Sister Schouten and I were with Sister Green (the three newbies hahaha) and it was a blast!

That Friday Elder Kacher and President Childs came to Novgorod and gave a devotional to the branch! It was such a neat experience for our little branch here, I am so grateful they were able to come!

I apologize that this letter is so short! I hope that everyone has a great week!

Love,
Sister Scott

Would you like to hear about how I ate my pancakes?

Okay, so one morning sister davis made pancakes, and they were good. But something interesting about Russia is that you can't actually really find maple syrup. However, their milk products make up for it because they always taste so much better than american. The butter for example is much creamier and sweeter. So, to make up for the lack of syrup I put a big chunk of butter on my pancake and wrapped it around, and ate it! hahaha

Me:  so have you gained some weight!

Amanda: Haha like 2 pounds, nothing of note :)

We had some crazy russian pasta at zone conference! It had cheese, ham, bacon, noodles, probably mayo, spinach, tomatoes, and of all things, EGGS! But it was goo d:)

when I was on splits, sister Green took us to this little ice cream shop inside a grocery store that was amazing! (russian ice cream is awesome<3) and the little shope was selling ice cream, and then also dried fish, some weird russian salads, mini squid, and mini octopuses

Hahaha it was funny to think that we got our ice cream from the same place. man was it good though

This last Pday we went to the Kremlin Museum! It was amazing! They have so much history here, and there were artifacts that were hundreds and hundreds of years old! We also got to see the icon exhibit they have. In the Russian orthodox church they worship icons, which are paintings or metal engravings of usually angels, the 12 Apostles, or the Savior, or of baby jesus and mary. The icons were beautiful, but the most interesting thing was that they have a feeling about them. It isn't quite like how the Holy Ghost feels, but I felt a need to be respectful and quiet around them. Sister Davis said this about it: You can tell that people were trying to show and find the truths they knew, but something was missing. It was a really unique opportunity to be in the room with all of the icons. We will have to go someday and I will show you :)

Also this week in the Nevsky english group I met a man, E, who learned english from country musin! It was so funny, he kept calling me miss. He also says funny things. he told me he knew I was an alaskan by my boots, and that he knew Balto back in 1925 before they hung him (idk if the him was E or balto!). Sister Green said that when he first came to english group he introduced himself by saying he liked ice and was from he**! He is quite a character!!!!

Im running out of time, so picture! Love you both and miss you!

Clearly she had more to share. It just took some prodding from mom

model of one of the churches here in Novgorod!

No comments:

Post a Comment