Amanda"s letter #2 December 21, 2015
Hello out there!
How is everyone? We are doing great over here in Russia! Sorry if there are any spelling errors, between thinking (trying to anyway) I in Russian and little computer time, I don't care how the words are spelled!
By the way, Russians totally speak like Yoda! In Russian you say, "Water I drink" not "I drink water"! Our neighbor Natalia (she is such a darling) has been helping me a bit with Russian. She thinks I'm pretty funny because I can't say much or pronounce things very well! But that's okay, because the languagew comes in a word or two every day!
We got to see a baptism this week! It was so amazing! Also funny, because the baptismal font is in the Kitchen :D But it was really really special to be there.
Also this week, my companions and I have a lunch appointment yesterday with a potential investigator, and she totally fed us the whole chicken. Organs and all! I think I ate a kidney or a heart or something. But other than that the food was great. We have a rice dish called Plov and pickled vegetables like beets and peppers. And of course tea, which was SO SO hot! Lava hot!
We have Christmas this week! Well, American Christmas, the Russians celebrate Christmas in January. (Ha ha, be jealous, I get 2 Christmases!) We just proselyte on Christmas.
It is so cool to be a missionary at Christmastime. I love being a missionary, there is nothing quite like devoting all of your time to the Savior. I absolutely love it. My testimony has grown so much in the past couple months.
I hope everyone has a great Christmas! Don't forget what it is really about. Around 2000 years ago, a baby was born who would grow up to become our Savior. He is our best friend and older brother. Jesus Christ loves us more than we can understand. He knows every pain we can ever have, and if we let Him, He can help us do anything.
I love you all! Merry Christmas!
Love, Sister Amanda Scott
No comments:
Post a Comment