Friday, May 5, 2017

Hello out there letter #3

Amanda's  Letter #3 December 28, 2015

Hello out there!

How are all of you?

It was a crazy week here in Russia! We had Christmas and got to skype home, which was awesome. I miss my family so much, and it was so nice to get to speak with them! Other that that Christmas was a pretty normal day. Had a short lesson with an investigator, contacted, planned, studied. I hope everyone had a good Christmas!

Here is a fun story for you: So the woman who fed us the chicken last week (I think I emailed about this) came to our branch party, and at one point she was speaking with the branch president, and I guess she said something to him about calling Joseph Smith. Then later after the president had left she came up to us and gave us a business card to give to him. On Sunday we gave him the card and asked him what it was for. He told us that it has something to do with "other senses". From what i can gather, our investigator is a medium and spoke with (or tried) Joseph Smith! I don't have any idea what to do with that haha. But it sure is funny :)

In other news it finally got cold here! It even snowed a couple days ago! So we have a bit of snow and it's cold, finally I got some winter! I just love it. It's so fun to see everyone here in the big coats and fur ruffs with fur hats!

We have been doing a lot of contacting this week! The people here don't let the cold stop them from doing anything, which is pretty awesome.

We had our branch christmas party this week! We even had a Father Frost (that's what they call Santa here, and it was one of the Elders). It was so cute to see how excited the little kids were! The big family in our branch that skype in for church even go to come!

I did get to try another new, weird food this week! It was at the branch party. and it was some sort of potato-carrot-mayonaise-fish salad! It actually wasn't bad. I think I will be a weird eater when I come home hahaha.

It was such an honor to be a missionary for Christmastime. I can't think of a better way to serve my Savior than to be sharing His gospel while we celebrate His birth.

I hope everyone has a happy New Year! Welcome 2016!!!!

Love, Sister Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment